What's appeals to you more, being a cog in a big wheel, or being part of an exciting journey with a team of experts within the recruitment industry?
Would you prefer to start a new role with a clear defined path for your future in a well established business, or venture into the un-known in something new and exciting?
Do you thrive off the excitement of being part of something great and being able to say, I did that!?
Do you excel under pressure, in a fast-paced environment, learning from the best?
Do you enjoy being that go-to-person and supporting your peers?
If all of this sounds of interest, then I urge you to continue reading, this could be the opportunity you have been longing for!
Strive is a leader in Enterprise Software Sales Recruitment is about to start the next phase of growth and is looking for an experienced office manager to come and join our team and help develop some best-in-class business processes.
Over the past two years we have been on an exciting journey and have gone from strength to strength.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of office operations and being the go-to-person for a wide range of duties and responsibilities.
You will form part of an experienced management team of recruitment experts, and support them and the team in growing the business.
Offering a vibrant working environment in the one of the most sought after office spaces in Manchester, frequent office events and work socials, ambitious and driven working culture, the latest in technology and business systems to enable you to do the role to best of your ability and a successful leadership team to mentor and support you, there are a lot of reasons you should strongly consider this opportunity.
We are looking for someone who is going to come and help shape the internal processes and procedures of the business, identify best in class business systems and help integrate with the core business operations.
Below is a detailed overview of the role, day-to-day duties and expectations. Please take a moment to review and if you would like to learn more, please do get in touch.
Desired Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule meetings and appointments for the Directors
- Organize the office layout and order stationery and equipment
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department for all office equipment and manage basic IT setup
- Ensuring that sales invoices are raised accurately with appropriate consultant controls in place, and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Assist in the on-boarding process for new hires – HR, IT and other practicalities
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
- Act as the point of contact for WeWork
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
- Processing finance transactions on Xero; expense claims, purchase invoices, bank transactions, etc
- Point of contact for accountant to prepare monthly accounts
- Preparation of year end accounts with accountant
- Chasing payment of sales invoices if the factoring company is not doing this
- Making payments duly authorised by the Directors ie. VAT/PAYE/NIC/payroll
- Helping with any data prep for CRM, etc if required
- Management reporting
- Organising payroll
- Manage expenses process for all staff
Desired Experience & Requirements
- Proven experience as an Office manager, Front office manager or Administrative assistant with a proven track record in general bookkeeping
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Ability to develop with the company in line with the growth of the operational team
For more information about this role please do get in touch with Adam Richardson at Strive.